Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm feeling pretty grateful right now....

My life may be unstable, I don't know where I'm going to be even a month down the line but regardless, I love it. I have certain things in my life that most people may never experience.

I have amazing friends who support me and want to see me happy. Who will tell me if I'm being a fucking idiot, celebrate with me or will be there for me when I need them. I have, hands down, the most amazing man I have ever met that loves me just as deeply as I love him. I have a great family that's there for me when I need them. I have a very active life full of interesting and strange experiences.

I think my approach may deal with my old life. For years I spent my weekends in, never went out or socialized. The highlight of my week was a lousy lunch out to Applebees and maybe a movie if I was lucky. I didn't even step foot in a bar until I was 22. At one point I realized I didn't like that life. I wanted to go out, have fun, dance, socialize, experience new things. I figured, I was young, hell if I'm going to continue living life like this because I know in the future I will regret not getting out and experiencing what else the world has to offer. Making that change required I remove certain damaging individuals from my life and took a leap that terrified me but I never looked back.

Apparently friends in LA have decided that next time Pete and I visit, we're going sky diving. The lucky bastards went not to long ago and plan on making it a regular event. My life is getting quite interesting. ;)

In a few weeks we'll be making the drive to Colorado Springs to see family. We may stay there for a month due to some new circumstances that have popped up, but we shall see. I haven't seen these guys since I was 17. It's a needed visit. I miss them so much. Pete gets to meet Heather, her lil girl, Grandma and Uncle Pat. Part of my fathers side of the family. Once we get to Chicago, we're flying out to MA to see his family.

This is an unexpected turn in my life but I really have no complaints.

0 comments: